Halitosis is not normal and could be related to an oral infection or tooth decay. So make sure you talk to your dentist about this problem. But the following natural breath freshener should help you deal with your bad breath, as you wait for your dentist appointment.
The Anti-Halitosis Ingredients
Pay attention to the following oral-friendly ingredients:
1. The first ingredient to be highlighted is the water. This might seem strange, but the pH value of your water makes a big difference in your oral health. The oral pathogens in your mouth, including the kind that cause bad breath, need an environment with a low pH value. So your water needs to have a high pH value to make your mouth uninhabitable for bacteria. You can purchase water with a high pH value or alkaline water online or in your local health food store.
2. You will need raw honey for this recipe as well. Raw honey is osmotic and contains bacteria-killing enzymes. The enzymes in raw honey diminish the reproductive abilities of bacteria in your mouth, including the kind that cause bad breath. The osmotic nature of honey dehydrates bacteria to death.
3. The recipe needs a little sage oil as well. Sage is important because it contains thujone. Thujone is an active ingredient that attacks the odor-causing bacteria in your mouth.
4. The last ingredient that you should pay attention to is citrus oil. Citrus contains a high content of vitamin C, which should help kill odor-causing bacteria just like sage oil. You can choose to use fresh lemon juice, but citrus oil will last longer.
Remember that the aforementioned ingredients are only meant to help and not cure your halitosis. Do your best to see your dentist because, as mentioned above, bad breath could be a sign of a serious dental ailment.
Recipe For Your Simple And Natural Breath Freshener
You will need the following:
- Dark, 2 Oz sanitized spray bottle (preferably glass, as it preserves the essential oils better)
- ¼ a cup of warm alkaline water
- ¼ a teaspoon of raw honey
- 8 drops of citrus oil
- 2 drops of sage oil
- A funnel
- A mixing bowl
- Blend all the ingredients in your mixing bowl.
- Taste the blend to see if you need a little more honey.
- Use your funnel to pour your blend into your spray bottle.
- You can place any leftover breath spray in a mason jar. Keep it in a dark and dry place until you need to refill your breath spray. The blend should keep for up to a month.
- Use your breath freshener as you normally would.
As you can see, dealing with your bad breath can be done with natural materials. (go here for help from a cosmetic dentist)Share